- Squeeze installs grub 2, which doesn't have any /boot/grub/menu.lst
- pygrub can't seem to identify the boot partition in the MBR created by
- pygrub on lenny is looking for /boot/grub/menu.lst (actually,
/grub/menu.lst on the bootable partition)
- mount the filesystem, possibly using kpartx, manually create
- tweak the cfg file to tell pygrub to look in the /boot partition
(because it doesn't recognise the grub2 MBR)
bootargs = '/dev/mapper/vg00-squeeze1_disk0p1'
- mount the filesystem, possibly using kpartx
- copy the kernel and initrd to the dom0
- modify the cfg file, tell it to use the kernel and initrd from the
dom0 and not use pygrub as bootloader
- the MBR should be recognisable by the lenny version of pygrub
- better error needed from pygrub when it doesn't find menu.lst
- maybe grub2 should create menu.lst for backwards compatibility? or
maybe some optional tool in the domU can create it?
- maybe a support package is needed for lenny dom0 users? and a helpful
message to let them know it exists?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-bugs-dist-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com