found 675971 1.2.3-349-g315b5f5-2
Ron, as it appears we have an intractible technical dispute, I'm preparing a
summary of the dispute for referring it to the Debian Technical Committee.
The committee first has the recommendation that parties in the dispute attempt
to resolve the problem via constructive discussion to understand the other
person's point of view. If this fails, then they recommend that a summary of
the dispute is created, preferably which is agreed upon by all parties.
Please let me know how you would like to update your point of view.
Likewise for bug reporters: if you would like additions or changes to the list
I've created below, let me know.
It would be helpful to refer to the following page for instructions concerning
the Debian Technical Committee before sending updates.
Point of view of bug reporters:
- In recent changes in the Mumble package, a CELT audio Codec has been removed
which is a base assumption used by Mumble servers, causing audio connections
to fail for many commonly found Mumble server versions outright
- On newer Mumble server versions, the audio connection fails if another
client connects that does not have another audio Codec available that all
other connected clients can use.
- The newest -2 upload contains this issue.
- The bug is repeatedly being closed and marked as if it was fixed.
Point of view of the maintainer (as understood by this bug reporter thusfar):
- Someone said the CELT library contains code that could potentially crash
- It was decided to remove the CELT library as to not burden the security team
- Therefore this isn't a bug
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-bugs-rc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com