I have Latitude D505 laptop with Windows XP, kept updated to lates
Windows SP3 .. however, to ensure I have good speed and efficiency
would require to do factory resets from time to time.
I hear that Microsoft will stop support of SP1, SP2 and in couple o
years to complete XP. I have the following questions..
1. Please can you give me the complete procedure for Dell Latitude D50
factory reset (with or without install disks) ..
2. I see in various forums that if I do factory reset, all my window
update which I have been doing for ages will be gone !
How to know which service pack my laptop will revert when I do factor
3. Given that Microsoft support wouldn't be there, what does that mean
Cannot I do factory resets after 2 years from now.
4. How about SP 2 ? If my laptop resets to SP1a, How to do I downloa
SP2 ? http://tinyurl.com/6fh7x6e and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389#tosp3 Can I use this link t
download to upgrade my laptop ? and use windows update to upgrade to SP
5. What are the Pros and cons of downloading them in removal drive an
installing them separately vs using windows update.
What does Microsoft support stop actually mean to users ?