Report: Samsung's Linux Android sweatshops are "WORSE" than Foxconn

August 08th, 2012 - 10:07 am ET by Ezekiel | Report spam
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions

The electronics giant's Chinese manufacturing plant is said to employ
children in an injury-prone environment

Earlier this year, allegations that workers at Apple's manufacturing partner
in China, Foxconn, were being subjected to deplorable working conditions
came to light and soon exploded into a major international investigation.
Now a report by China Labor Watch indicates that Foxconn is far from alone
in its practices. In fact, HEG Electronics, which manufactures products for
Samsung, might just be **worse.**

According to the report, obtained by Laptop Mag, investigators found that
HEG employs children under the age of 16 as "student laborers" that account
for up to 80% of its workforce. These children are reportedly recruited from
high schools to make up a temporary workforce during high-capacity periods
such as new product launches.

One 14-year-old girl interviewed by investigators told of how she fell down
stairs while walking from the on-site employee housing to her job on the
assembly line, only to be denied medical treatment and by her superiors. She
was docked pay following the incident and subsequently fired.

Other workers at the HEG factory told investigators that they are commonly
hit by management and are forced to endure physical punishments such as
standing at their posts for day-long shifts if they're not fast enough at
their work. Psychological punishments are also reportedly practiced, such as
workers having to write self-criticisms while facing constant threats of
termination.
</quote>
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...44518.html


"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>."
- Chris Ahlstrom replying to another guy.

MsgId: <6lc1k.4449$UF5.2768@bignews8.bellsouth.net>
email Follow the discussionReplies 49 repliesReplies Make a reply

Similar topics

Replies

#1 DFS
August 08th, 2012 - 10:15 am ET | Report spam
On 8/8/2012 10:07 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...44518.html




So they finally found the "Linux child slave camps"... I'm sure
Hypocrite Homer will be along shortly with his condemnation...
Replies Reply to this message
#2 Ezekiel
August 08th, 2012 - 10:38 am ET | Report spam
"DFS" wrote in message news:jvtsag$dov$
On 8/8/2012 10:07 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions



http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...44518.html




So they finally found the "Linux child slave camps"... I'm sure Hypocrite
Homer will be along shortly with his condemnation...




But now that Samsung is making a lot of money selling Linux Android phones
it's all nice and wonderful. It's look how wonderful Linux is because
Samsung is making a huuuuge profit. That ugly little "sweatshop" issue isn't
a big deal either. All that frothing that [H]ypocrite made over Foxconn and
Apple is nowhere to be seen.

Homer is a hypocrite's hypocrite.


"As for Apple being "succesfull(sic)": they're a bunch of profiteers who
exploit people with extortionately high margins, propaganda and children
working in sweatshops, in exchange for shiny but otherwise dysfunctional
toys"

"Apple makes a lot of money... mainly thanks to sweatshop labour,
extortionate iprices, and Apple's customer demographic having more money
than sense."

"And the Chinese sweatshop labourers who actually make these expensive toys.
But then Apple was always better at spreading bullshit than spreading the
love."

"US, which has lots of big monopolists that harvest others' ideas for
profit, build them into shiny objects using Chinese sweatshops, then sell
them on the high street for extortionate prices. Personally I'd rather just
run a cottage-industry business, if it were me."


"I suggest (Linus) Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from,
before he loses what little is left of his credibility."
Homer - "Mr. Credibility" himself worried about the lack of credibility
Linus has left within the Linux community.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp...9f3e?hl=en
Replies Reply to this message
#3 Jack Spratley
August 08th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ET | Report spam
On Aug 8, 10:07 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions

The electronics giant's Chinese manufacturing plant is said to employ
children in an injury-prone environment

Earlier this year, allegations that workers at Apple's manufacturing partner
in China, Foxconn, were being subjected to deplorable working conditions
came to light and soon exploded into a major international investigation.
Now a report by China Labor Watch indicates that Foxconn is far from alone
in its practices. In fact, HEG Electronics, which manufactures products for
Samsung, might just be **worse.**

According to the report, obtained by Laptop Mag, investigators found that
HEG employs children under the age of 16 as "student laborers" that account
for up to 80% of its workforce. These children are reportedly recruited from
high schools to make up a temporary workforce during high-capacity periods
such as new product launches.

One 14-year-old girl interviewed by investigators told of how she fell down
stairs while walking from the on-site employee housing to her job on the
assembly line, only to be denied medical treatment and by her superiors. She
was docked pay following the incident and subsequently fired.

Other workers at the HEG factory told investigators that they are commonly
hit by management and are forced to endure physical punishments such as
standing at their posts for day-long shifts if they're not fast enough at
their work. Psychological punishments are also reportedly practiced, such as
workers having to write self-criticisms while facing constant threats of
termination.
</quote>http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...-pictur...

"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>."
  - Chris Ahlstrom replying to another guy.

MsgId: <6lc1k.4449$



Well then, Lapdog, it must be OK for Appile to abuse the help. Your
lips must be sore from all trhat Appile ass sucking.
Replies Reply to this message
#4 telsar
August 08th, 2012 - 12:58 pm ET | Report spam
On 8/8/2012 9:38 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
"DFS" wrote in message news:jvtsag$dov$
On 8/8/2012 10:07 AM, Ezekiel wrote:
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions



http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...44518.html




So they finally found the "Linux child slave camps"... I'm sure Hypocrite
Homer will be along shortly with his condemnation...




But now that Samsung is making a lot of money selling Linux Android phones
it's all nice and wonderful. It's look how wonderful Linux is because
Samsung is making a huuuuge profit. That ugly little "sweatshop" issue isn't
a big deal either. All that frothing that [H]ypocrite made over Foxconn and
Apple is nowhere to be seen.

Homer is a hypocrite's hypocrite.


"As for Apple being "succesfull(sic)": they're a bunch of profiteers who
exploit people with extortionately high margins, propaganda and children
working in sweatshops, in exchange for shiny but otherwise dysfunctional
toys"

"Apple makes a lot of money... mainly thanks to sweatshop labour,
extortionate iprices, and Apple's customer demographic having more money
than sense."

"And the Chinese sweatshop labourers who actually make these expensive toys.
But then Apple was always better at spreading bullshit than spreading the
love."

"US, which has lots of big monopolists that harvest others' ideas for
profit, build them into shiny objects using Chinese sweatshops, then sell
them on the high street for extortionate prices. Personally I'd rather just
run a cottage-industry business, if it were me."





Well said.

Steal a little and go to jail, steal a lot and become King.
Replies Reply to this message
#5 Lt Cmdr. Gaston J. Feeblebunny
August 08th, 2012 - 03:54 pm ET | Report spam
Donkey faced fraud "7" AKA "Jack Spratley" , <
http://bayimg.com/NApMeaADl > wrote
news:
On Aug 8, 10:07 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
<quote>
Report paints dire picture of Samsung factory's working conditions

The electronics giant's Chinese manufacturing plant is said to employ
children in an injury-prone environment

Earlier this year, allegations that workers at Apple's manufacturing
partner
in China, Foxconn, were being subjected to deplorable working conditions
came to light and soon exploded into a major international investigation.
Now a report by China Labor Watch indicates that Foxconn is far from alone
in its practices. In fact, HEG Electronics, which manufactures products
for
Samsung, might just be **worse.**

According to the report, obtained by Laptop Mag, investigators found that
HEG employs children under the age of 16 as "student laborers" that
account
for up to 80% of its workforce. These children are reportedly recruited
from
high schools to make up a temporary workforce during high-capacity periods
such as new product launches.

One 14-year-old girl interviewed by investigators told of how she fell
down
stairs while walking from the on-site employee housing to her job on the
assembly line, only to be denied medical treatment and by her superiors.
She
was docked pay following the incident and subsequently fired.

Other workers at the HEG factory told investigators that they are commonly
hit by management and are forced to endure physical punishments such as
standing at their posts for day-long shifts if they're not fast enough at
their work. Psychological punishments are also reportedly practiced, such
as
workers having to write self-criticisms while facing constant threats of
termination.
</quote>http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...-pictur...

"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>."
- Chris Ahlstrom replying to another guy.

MsgId: <6lc1k.4449$

Appile
Appile



Hi Josh!
Yup, it's him:
From: Joseph Michael AKA "7" AKA "Jack Spratley"

NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.45.218.243
cpc1-dals6-0-0-cust242.hari.cable.virginmedia.com
X-Complaints-To: http://netreport.virginmedia.com
NetKKKop, NetK00k, NetL00n and King of All Retards, "7" AKA Joseph Michael,
23 Portland Rise, London N4 2PT, United Kingdom
Google maps: http://bit.ly/ccXyvA
Managing Director - Mr. J. Michael
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Fraud7.gif
http://90.146.8.18/bilderclient/PR_1998_josephmichael_001_p.jpg
International Telephone (+44) 79 4110 0449
UK Telephone - 079 4110 0449
E-mail:
http://www.enemygadgets.com/
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-michael/20/680/94
projects:
Wiperman (TM)
Mini Delta Robot
Magnetic Pulse Detonation Wave Engine
Halogen Drive (TM)
Carbogear (TM) - Carbon Fiber Cloth Based Gear Designs
Fractal Robots
Contact
sales:
web master:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Copyright (C) J. Michael 2010
Replies Reply to this message
Help Create a new topicNext page Replies Make a reply
Search Make your own search