Bentley Announces Project Finalists in 2011 Be Inspired Awards Competition
Also Recognizes Winners of Bentley’s Third Annual Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards.
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2011 Be Inspired Awards competition and the four winners of the 2011 Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. Five independent panels of jurors, comprising accomplished Bentley users and distinguished industry experts, selected the 59 finalists and the Special Recognition Awards candidates from nominations submitted by 270 organizations in 42 countries. The winners of the Be Inspired Awards will be announced at the invitation-only Be Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure event taking place Nov. 8-9, 2011, in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
“Our Be Inspired Awards program, which showcases excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure around the world, is celebrating its eighth year,” Bentley Systems COO Malcolm Walter said, “and I’m happy to report that we once again enjoyed record participation from our global community of users.”
He continued, “Our 59 finalists are stellar examples of the project and infrastructure performance improvements that are achievable when architects, engineers, builders, geospatial professionals, and owner-operators work smarter empowered by our portfolio of innovative information modeling software. The results are truly inspiring!”
Candidates for Bentley’s third annual Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards were placed into nomination by the jurors for their uniquely innovative and visionary achievements embracing multiple Be Inspired Awards categories. The nominees were then reviewed by a panel of Bentley executives. The achievements recognized by this year’s four awards are Attaining Return on Innovation, Sustaining Our Society, Sustaining Our Environment, and Sustaining the Professions.
Commenting on the 2011 Special Recognition Awards winners, Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley said, “In honoring these distinctive projects, we also highlight the virtuosity of the organizations that successfully delivered them. Each innovatively employed information modeling, collaboration, and best practices to advance Bentley’s mission of Sustaining Infrastructure. On behalf of my colleagues at Bentley, I congratulate this year’s Special Recognition Awards recipients and thank them for their accomplishments.”
The Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners for 2011 are as follows:
Attaining Return on Innovation
- Cadre Design Group, Inc. – SFOBB East Span Seismic Safety Project – (San Francisco-Oakland, California, USA)
Sustaining Our Society
- Secretaria de Finanzas del Distrito Federal – Programme for the Modernization of the Mexico City Cadastre – (Mexico City, Mexico)
Sustaining Our Environment
- Shinryo Corporation – Shinryo Eco Renewal Project – (Tokyo, Japan)
Sustaining the Professions
- GHD – (Melbourne, Australia)
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2011 are as follows:
Connecting Project Teams
- AECOM – SH 161 Phase 4 – (Dallas, Texas, USA)
- APIA XXI, S.A. – Connecting Project Teams on Two Continents – (Texas, USA, and Santander, Spain)
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power – LADWP ProjectWise Implementation – (Los Angeles, California, USA)
Innovation in Asset Lifecycle Information Management
- Bristol Water plc – Enterprise Management of Street Works Noticing – (Bristol, United Kingdom)
- Crossrail Ltd – Crossrail - Asset Information Management System – (London and South East England, United Kingdom)
- Southern Company – Asset Management - ProjectWise Lifecycle Server – (Birmingham, Alabama, USA)
Innovation in Bridges
- HDR, Inc. – Hoover Dam Bypass – (Mohave County, Arizona, and Clark County, Nevada, USA)
- Hunan Provincial Communications Planning, Survey and Design Institute – Longyong Expressway Bridge Design – (Longshan County, Hunan Province, China)
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development – I-10 Twin Spans Bridges – (Slidell and New Orleans, Louisiana, USA)
Innovation in Building
- Foster + Partners – Scottish National Arena – (Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- UNStudio – EEA & Tax Offices – (Groningen, Netherlands)
- Warren and Mahoney – The Rock, Wellington International Airport – (Wellington, New Zealand)
Innovation in Campuses, Airports, and Military Installations
- Arup – Midfield Development Design Consultancy Services – (Hong Kong, China)
- Hatch Associates Limited – QCLNG Upstream Surface Facilities – (Wandoan and Dalby, Queensland, Australia)
- Samsung C&T Corporation/IDM E&C – Jeongok Marine Industrial Park – (Gyeonggi-do, South Korea)
Innovation in Communications Networks
- Precision Contracting Services, Inc. – Martin County Community Broadband Network – (Martin County, Florida, USA)
- Rainbow Design Services, Inc. – Disaster Assessment and Recovery Using Bentley Communications Products – (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA)
Innovation in Construction
- Grontmij – Norreport Station – (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Jacobs – Automating WorkFace Planning – (Corpus Christi, Texas, USA)
- Matec Engenharia – Planning Innovation of a Medical Center – (São Paulo, Brazil)
Innovation in Generative Design
- Arup – ArtScience Museum – (Singapore)
- HOK and PLP Architecture – The Francis Crick Institute – (London, United Kingdom)
- tvsdesign – Music City Center – (Nashville, Tennessee, USA)
Innovation in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- AECOM – A1 Dishforth to Leeming Improvement Scheme – (Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom)
- Jan De Nul NV – Panama Canal Expansion – (Panama City and Colon, Panama)
- PT. Tigenco Graha Persada – Geotech Investigation Java South Line – (Cirebon - Prupuk, Purwokerto, Kroya, West, Central Java, Indonesia)
Innovation in Government
- H. Ayuntamiento de Metepec – Cadastral and Geographic Information System (SICyG) – (Metepec, Mexico)
- Port of Helsinki – Vuosaari Harbour Maintenance System – (Helsinki, Finland)
- The City of Newcastle – City Precinct 3D Modeling – (Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia)
Innovation in Metals and Mining
- AngloGold Ashanti Limited – Refurbishment of Savuka Shaft – (Carletonville, Gauteng, South Africa)
- SEI Engenharia Ltda – Cristalino Project – (Canaã dos Carajás, Pará, Brazil)
- T&G Corporation Pty Ltd – Crushing Plant – (North West Australia)
Innovation in Multimedia
- i-TEN Associates – Point Cloud Visualizations – (Portland, Oregon, USA)
- Larsen & Toubro Limited – Ammonia Synthesis Gas Generation Project – (Bharuch, Gujarat, India)
- Washington State Department of Transportation, Visual Engineering Resource Group – SR 20 Sharpes Corner Vicinity - Interchange – (Anacortes, Washington, USA)
Innovation in Power Generation
- Guangdong Electric Power Design Institute – Hongyan River Nuclear Power Plant – (Dalian, Liaoning, China)
- HydroChina Zhongnan Engineering Corporation – Tuoba Hydro-Power Station – (Diqing, Yunan, China)
- L&T-Sargent & Lundy Limited – 3x660 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant – (Nagpur, Maharashtra, India)
Innovation in Process Manufacturing
- Chemical Construction International (P) Limited – Carotino Fatty Acid Splitting Plant – (Johar Baru, Central Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Larsen & Toubro Limited – CO2 Recovery and Injection Project – (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- Qatar Petroleum – Creation of Intelligent As-built Models of Offshore Facilities Using a Combination of Terrestrial Laser Scanning and Verified Existing Engineering Drawings – (Doha, Qatar)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- Hatch Mott MacDonald – Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension – (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Parsons Brinckerhoff – Glenfield Transport Interchange – (Glenfield, New South Wales, Australia)
- RITES Ltd. – Mechi-Mahakali and Pokhara-Kathmandu Electric Railway – (Nepal)
Innovation in Roads
- Beam, Longest and Neff, L.L.C. – I-69 at State Road 61/56 – (Pike County, Indiana, USA)
- Engevix Engenharia S.A. – Santa Catarina 108 Highway – (Angelina and Major Gercino, Santa Catarina, Brazil)
- Kokusai Kogyo Co., Ltd. – Figuring the Disaster Status From Mobile Mapping System (MMS) – (Japan)
Innovation in Structural Engineering
- Chuchawal Royal Haskoning Co., Ltd. – Hygenic Flex Factory at Samutsakorn – (Samutsakorn, Thailand)
- L&T MHI Boilers Pvt Ltd – 2x700 MW Rajpura Thermal Power Plant – (Rajpura, Punjab, India)
- Stopford Projects Ltd – Tata Soda Ash Plant Winnington – (Winnington, Cheshire, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Utility Transmission and Distribution Networks
- AES Torino S.p.A. – Large-Scale District Heating Preliminary Development Project – (Torino, Italy)
- Central Southern China Electric Power Design Institute – Qingdao Converter Station – (Qingdao, Shandong, China)
- ENMAX Power Corporation – A Case Study on Bentley Substation – (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Innovation in Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Arup – Sludge Treatment Facility Hong Kong – (Hong Kong, China)
- CDM – Galveston Main Wastewater Treatment Plant – (Galveston, Texas, USA)
- Gippsland Water – Gippsland Water Factory – (Maryvale, Victoria, Australia)
Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Networks
- Barwon Region Water Corporation – Instant Access to Fire-Flow Results – (Geelong, Victoria, Australia)
- General Directorate of Izmir Water and Wastewater Authority – IZSU Geographic Infrastructure Information System Project – (Izmir, Turkey)
- SimTejo – Aquasafe - Smart Management System – (Lisbon, Portugal)
For more information about the 2011 Be Inspired finalists and Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspiredAwards.
About Be Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure
The world’s leading practitioners will gather at Be Inspired, Bentley’s premier thought leadership and networking event, November 8-9, 2011, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. They will share the best practices behind the successful realization of their current projects and explore new ways to respond to the challenges driving today’s business. Also in attendance will be 80 journalists from around the world, who will additionally participate in a special media briefing on November 7.
Be Inspired is an intimate, invitation-only event that will feature presentations by the Be Inspired Awards finalists as well as executive roundtables focusing on critical issues in business, technology, and practice facing infrastructure professionals around the world. It will culminate with an awards ceremony recognizing outstanding achievement and innovation in infrastructure design, construction, and operations by winners selected from 59 project finalists by five independent panels of jurors. In total, nominations from 270 organizations in 42 countries were submitted in this year’s awards program.
This annual event provides a unique forum for senior-level executives to learn about the innovations driving the development and operations of the world’s top infrastructure projects. It also enables them to engage with other industry leaders in interactive discussions on topics of importance to the business of sustaining infrastructure. For additional information about the Be Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure event, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley’s mission is to empower its users to leverage information modeling through integrated projects for high-performing intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has grown to nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries and $500 million in annual revenues. Since 2001, the company has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure publications. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, and Be are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Source(s) : Bentley Systems, Incorporated
- Lieff Cabraser Announces Class Action ...
- Gartner to Present at BMO Technology & ...
- Misfit Raises $15.2M Led by Horizons Ventures
- SimpliVity’s Innovative Data Architecture ...
- Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services affirms ...
- Westwood College to Host Major Video Gamers ...
- Open Control Architecture Alliance Expands, ...
- Independent Research Firm Pegs Nastel ...
- E2open Achieves Drummond Certification in ...
- CoreSite Realty Corporation Announces 30% ...