Audio player - Codecs, Benchmark, Browser, Burning, Chipsets Drivers, Email - Instant messaging - VoIP, Graphics cards drivers, Images, Miscellaneous, Office, Open Source, P2P, Processors Drivers, Software hacking - Patents, Video player - Codecs, Zip Unzip
- Epic Citadel (Unreal Engine 3): Chrome and Opera join Firefox November 27th, 2013 - 05:17 pm ET Firefox isn’t the only browser capable of running the Unreal Engine 3 on the Web. This is now also the case for Chrome and Opera.
- Chrome: the Chrome Web Store will be the only source of extensions November 08th, 2013 - 06:04 pm ET For Windows users, Google Chrome will no longer accept extensions that don’t come from the Chrome Web Store. This is being done as a security measure.
- Chrome Apps: powerful applications for the desktop computer September 06th, 2013 - 10:10 am ET Google has inaugurated new applications in a section "For your computer" on the Chrome Web Store. Based on Web technologies, they are launched from outside the Chrome browser ...
- Web Applications: Mozilla opens their Firefox Marketplace October 22nd, 2012 - 09:10 am ET Mozilla has opened the doors to their Web applications store. Testing of the portal is only possible on the Aurora version of Firefox for Android.
- Mozilla Persona: forget your usernames and passwords September 28th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET Mozilla has launched the first beta version of their decentralised authentication system for sites. The service is based on an email address and the browser.
- W3C: HTML 5.0 available at the end of 2014, 5.1 in 2016 September 21st, 2012 - 11:30 am ET A W3C road map has been published with the final specifications of HTML 5.0 being scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2014. HTML 5.1 should be released in 2016.
- IE pre-9: sites plunged into darkness for the release of Windows 8 August 20th, 2012 - 10:55 am ET The Go Dark For IE initiative plans on plunging sites sympathetic to Internet Explorer 8 or older users into darkness on the 26th of October.
- Browsers: Facebook looking to purchase Opera Software? May 29th, 2012 - 01:15 pm ET There are rumours circulating that Facebook is looking to get their hands on Opera Software’s web browser.
- Speed tests: IE9 for Windows and Chrome for OS X April 07th, 2012 - 05:42 am ET According to a study conducted by New Relic, Internet Explorer 9 is the fastest browser under Windows. For OS X, it’s Google Chrome.
- Video with HTML: soon to be released with DRM? February 24th, 2012 - 10:50 am ET Developers at Google, Microsoft and Netflix are proposing a standard with their idea being to provide media content protection on streaming conducted via the Web and HTML.