CEA Line Shows to Feature What’s Hot in Consumer Electronics
Online Registration Closes on June 22 at Noon; Media Invited to VIP Preview Opening, 5:30 p.m. June 26.
Beginning with a VIP Preview Opening on June 26, the CEA Line Shows will feature more than 140 major brands, innovators and start-ups who will be showcasing the east coast’s largest assortment of new CE product introductions on a single exhibition floor.
The 2012 CEA Line Shows and Digital Downtown Conference is scheduled for June 27-28 at the Metropolitan Pavilion and Altman Building in New York City. The event is the official show headquarters of a weeklong series of CE technology events taking place in the city during the course of CE Week, June 25-29.
Overall, CEA Line Shows will feature more than 140 exhibits, 15 conference panels, four press conferences, three competitions and two networking events focused on innovation, start-ups and what’s hot and happening in consumer electronics.
Technology leaders on display include Intel, Sony, Monster, Pioneer, Honeywell, Hitachi, Creative Labs, while over 75 start-ups will be introducing their products for the first time to members of the media and CE industry. Microsoft will be demoing its new SmartGlass 2nd Screen technology on Day One during an onsite conference session; while Dish Network will be demoing and discussing its debated Hopper commercial-skipping technology on the show floor.
Some of the exciting new products that will be on display include:
- Atlantic Technology – H-PAS™ PowerBar 235 is a self-powered soundbar that delivers multi-channel high-fidelity sound for home entertainment systems.
- Bits Limited – True Surge Power Squid eliminates the issue of not having enough space to accommodate today’s various sized plugs and chargers.
- Datasat – RS20i - 16–Channel Audio Processor is an audio processor designed and tailored to the high-end consumer market.
- Draper – High Performance XS850E Viewing Surface delivers high resolution across a broad viewing angle.
- Escort – ESCORT Live™ 2.0 mobile app allows you to connect with ESCORT Nation and turn your smartphone into a radar detector.
- Force Innovations – NuiWave™ empowers people to remotely interact with devices in their environment using speech and gestures.
- Gefen – GAVA offers the flexibility to control A/V devices from any smart phone or tablet and customize your system setup with no apps required.
- Kanex – Sydnee is a stylish charging station that recharges up to 4 iPads, simultaneously, while remaining cable clutter free.
- Kaleidescape – Kaleidescape System has new features including Kaleidescape Scenes and an iPad control app, making the Blu-ray movie server better than ever.
- Leap Motion – Leap is the world's most accurate 3-D motion control technology and can control computers through natural hand and finger movements.
- Liquid Image – Ego is a pocket sized mountable sports camera that records HD 1080P video and connects through Wi-Fi to Android and iOS systems.
- Metra Electronics – Audio Mount™ is the world's only all-in-one wall mount, sound bar, and sub-woofer.
- Microsoft - will demonstrate its new SmartGlass 2nd screen TV technology for the first time on the East Coast since its E3 introduction at the 2nd Screen Summit
- Otterbox – Armor Series® is drop proof, dust proof, crush proof and waterproof, the toughest case ever built.
- Outdoor Technology – Turtle Shell Wireless Boom Box is a rugged water resistant Bluetooth speaker with a built in microphone and serious hi-fi sound.
- P2i – Aridion™ liquid repellent nano-coating technology the reliability of electronic devices, protecting them from corrosion and water damage.
- Polaroid - Z2300 10 Megapixel digital camera with a 3.0” LCD screen that prints a 2X3” sticky back print using ZINK ™ Technology.
- Private WiFi – PRIVATE WiFi is loud-based service to protect the privacy and security of internet communications in public wifi hotspots.
- Woven by litl – Woven is an app that aggregates photos from across your image sources and creates a unified collection on your mobile device.
- Wowwee – AppGear is an innovative line of apps that seamlessly interact with cool, collectible toys and shift the digital gaming world into a new reality.
Other exhibitor news can be found by accessing the full exhibitor directory.
Meet the Next Big Start-up
CEA Line Shows will showcase the latest new tech inventions coming to market as part of several featured events.
The Eureka Park Challenge is CEA’s contest for entrepreneurs and start-ups. Over the course of two days, nine finalists will compete for top honors including a free booth at the 2013 International CES. On Thursday, June 28 at 12:45 p.m. in the Metropolitan Pavilion, Metropolitan Suite, second floor, each finalist will present their inventions on stage.
Living in Digital Times will put the best and brightest in mobile app technology on display with the Wall of Apps and Mobile Apps Showdown. During the live showdown on June 27 at 4:30 p.m., ten finalists will but their apps to the test and the audience will cast the deciding vote on the best app.
NY Tech Meetup will host the NY Tech Start-up Classic on Wednesday, June 27 at 6:45 p.m. Five companies will demonstrate the best that the New York start-up community is offering.
The editors of CustomRetailer Magazine will also select three CEA Line Shows Innovation Zone exhibitors to square-off for the magazine’s coveted Technovation Award on Thursday, June 28 at 4:30 p.m.
Keynotes and Conference Sessions
Gary Shapiro, President and CEO of CEA, and Randy Fry, President and Co-founder of Fry’s Electronics, will open Wednesday’s program with a one-on-one discussion about the current state of retail at 9:20 a.m. in the Metropolitan Pavilion, Metropolitan Suite, second floor.
Seth Pinsky, President of the New York Economic Development Corporation will kick-off Thursday’s program with a keynote presentation at 9:15 a.m. about how the Bloomberg Administration is working to build on the growth of New York City’s start-up community and secure a leadership position for the city in the 21st century innovation.
Other conference highlights include:
CE Blogosphere – A panel of the
industry’s top bloggers will discuss the exciting new products they
can’t wait to get their hands on.
Moderated by Peter Rojas, Co-founder, gdgt
Kickstarting a Revolution –
Kickstarter.com is now a legitimate platform to launch products. We’ll
talk to innovators who are going to the public for funding after being
turned down by VC and private investors while building a fan-base and
viral buzz at the same time.
Moderated by Brian Tong, Senior Editor, CNET
- CEA Industry Update – Join CEA’s top economist Shawn DuBravac who will provide a mid-year reality check on how January predictions are faring and how the second half of the year is shaping up.
Mom Bloggers – Listen to leading
Mom Bloggers as they pick their best new products.
Moderated by Suzanne Kantra, Founder/CEO, Techlicious
Mobile Apps Showdown – Join the
action as the audience selects some of the best new apps.
Moderated by Robin Raskin, President, Living in Digital Times
- Plus New Product Updates – Learn from the experts about Next Gen TV, i-Ccessories, Mobile Health, Mobile Devices, Gadgets for all Demographics, Home Tech, Headphones and more.
Top company executives will introduce new products and discuss what’s ahead for their companies:
- CEA will launch its new foundation and reveal its first NYC-based grant recipient as well as announce the first 2013 CES keynote and other International CES news at 4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, June 27.
- Monster – “Head Monster” Noel Lee, who engineered and tuned the acclaimed Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ headphone sound, will announce his company’s growing line of “higher definition” audio products, including Inspiration™ over-ear, noise-canceling headphones. A demo of Monster’s ISF Imaging Science Foundation HDMI “smart” cables with HD 3D capability will be included, plus news about a “Back To School” initiative.
- Pioneer – Ted Cardenas, VP of Marketing, Car Electronics Division, will show off the company’s smartphone technology, demonstrating how it can transform any car into a “connected car with AppRadio 2, and how its home electronics gear can seamlessly connect with today’s popular smart devices via wireless technologies including Airplay, DLNA 1.5 and Bluetooth.
- Stream TV Networks – CEO, Mathu Rajan, will announce new breakthroughs in the company’s Ultra-DTM 3D-without-glasses technology as well as news about partnerships, product availability timelines and placement plans for Ultra-D demonstration units in North America, Europe and Asia.
- California Audio Technology – President and CEO Brian Barr, takes you on a 30 minute pictorial journey through the world’s most exclusive ultra high performance custom audio systems. The featured CAT systems (ranging in cost from $10,000 to over $16 million) include mega yachts, private aircraft, recording studios, and home theaters in the finest estates worldwide.
Other highlights of CE Week include:
- gdgt Live – Meet the geeks at the official CE Week consumer event, June 25
- 6Ssight Future of Imaging – Be the first to learn the future of digital imaging, June 25-26
- CEA Research Summit – Facts, forecasts and the future from the CE industry’s leading economists and analysts, June 26
- Women in CE – Cathie Black keynotes this tech women’s group, June 26
- Developer U – NYC app developers gather for the latest platform updates, June 27
- 2nd Screen Summit – The future of TV, featuring Microsoft’s exclusive east coast showing of SmartGlass, June 27
- Showstoppers – Meet the media at this show-within-in-a-showcase, June 26
- Mobile & Social Entertainment Summit – Digital Media Wire and friends explore the new mo-social world of entertainment, June 28
Registration and Show Hours
Online registration closes Friday, June 22 at noon. You can register on-site during these show hours:
June 26: 3–8:30 p.m.
June 27: 7:45 a.m.–7 p.m.
June 28: 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
For more information about CE Week and CEA Line Shows and Digital Downtown Conference, visit www.ceweekny.com and www.cealineshows.com.
About CE Week
A weeklong, citywide event in New York City, including CEA Line Shows and Digital Downtown Conference, organized in association with CEA, along with Martin Porter Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Custom Retailer and E-Gear Magazines.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $195 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at CE.org.
Source(s) : Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- NNG Enters Japanese Navigation Market
- Cambrios to Deliver Four Presentations at ...
- MakerBot® and Autodesk® at Maker Faire San ...
- MakerBot® Joins MoMA Design Store for ...
- MakerBot® and Autodesk® at Maker Faire San ...
- VendScreen Adds Industry Innovator Jim ...
- QLogic Announces Leadership Change
- Rambus to Present at the 14th Annual B. ...
- Veeco Receives NASDAQ Notice Regarding Late ...
- Nvidia Winner in Q1, AMD Flat, Intel Down ...