We are writing a driver for a custom PCI device that receives large amount
Device is capable of DMAing received data in 64k chunks.
We have been going to:
- use physically-continuous 64k-sized memory areas using alloc_pages() with
- allocate large number of such areas on driver init,
- implement mmap() to map those all to userspace for zero-copy processing,
- use streaming DMA to actually receive data
However I can't find a way to use streaming DMA for large highmem areas.
- pci_map_single() is for linear mapping and can't work with highmem
- pci_map_page() can work with highmem but is limited to one page
- pci_map_sg() is for s/g lists, not for single 64k blocks.
Is there a way to use streaming DMA with large memory areas located in
Or in this situation buffers in highmem can't be used?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/