Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Facebook: a bug which divulges private photos December 08th, 2011 - 04:08 am ET Facebook has corrected a bug which made it possible to view user’s private photos. Proof that the bug existed has been made by displaying Mark Zuckerberg’s private pictures.
- Launch of the new YouTube December 02nd, 2011 - 09:10 am ET YouTube has made their new site available to all. A new welcome page is now displayed, built around channels that are on offer.
- Spotify opens an applications platform December 01st, 2011 - 09:15 am ET Music streaming service Spotify has opened a platform for application developers.
- Google drops the black bar November 30th, 2011 - 02:26 pm ET The horizontal black bar seen at the top of the Google search engine will disappear, replaced by a drop down menu from the Google logo.
- Confidentiality: Facebook to be monitored for 20 years November 30th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET A friendly agreement has been signed between Facebook and the American FTC. The social network will open their books to independent audits for the next 20 years, and will no ...
- YaCy: a free and decentralised search engine November 29th, 2011 - 10:55 am ET YaCy is a new search engine with a difference that has just been made available, with the service being a decentralised search engine which uses the P2P technology.
- The United States seizes 130 domain names November 28th, 2011 - 11:18 am ET The US government has taken control of 130 web sites which were involved in the trade of counterfeit goods.
- YouTube rents Disney films November 24th, 2011 - 11:35 am ET YouTube has extended their video on demand offer with Disney films now available for rent for users in the United States and Canada.
- Google Music no longer in beta testing, still free November 17th, 2011 - 08:35 am ET The Google Music service has now moved through the beta testing phase. The service is still only available in the United States, with related music sales also being integrated ...
- Socl: Microsoft’s social network project November 16th, 2011 - 01:57 pm ET Microsoft’s social network project has been leaked to the web, with this being based around social searching.