Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Facebook creates phantom profiles? October 25th, 2011 - 11:21 am ET An Austrian student has accused Facebook of keeping more information than they are supposed to when deleted by users, with this then even being used to create shadow profiles for ...
- Google to encrypt connections by default October 19th, 2011 - 04:40 pm ET For users connected to their account, Google is now offering to encrypt searches and results by default.
- Chime.in: A Twitter and Facebook mix which revenue shares October 19th, 2011 - 09:25 am ET UberMedia has launched a new social network inspired by Twitter, Facebook and others that offer advertising revenue sharing.
- YouTube: porn inserted into an education channel October 17th, 2011 - 09:25 am ET Sesame Street’s YouTube channel has been hacked, with pornographic content replacing the educational material.
- Google+ officially has 40 million users October 14th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET Google has released official figures relating to their Google+ service, with the social network now having more than 40 million users.
- Google+: an internal engineer is highly critical October 13th, 2011 - 11:12 am ET A Google engineer has been rather scathing of Google+. The problem is that his post on Google’s social network was made public by mistake.
- Facebook on the iPad and mobile platform October 11th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET Anticipated for a long time now, the Facebook application for the Apple iPad is now available. The platform for applications has also been extended to mobile devices.
- Facebook: litigation due to Timeline(s) October 03rd, 2011 - 12:49 pm ET The company behind Timelines.com has decided to start legal action against Facebook. The litigation is based on the use of the term Timelines.
- 72% of companies block social networks September 30th, 2011 - 01:45 pm ET According to a recent study, close to three quarters of companies block social networks like Facebook and Google+.
- Google+: integration of Google Voice and experts in the future? September 30th, 2011 - 11:45 am ET New functions are expected for Google+ including the integration of telephone calls and a service which allows you to consult experts similar to that provided by Quora.