Media & Software
- DigiNotar Certificates completely blocked by Microsoft (and Firefox) September 07th, 2011 - 09:35 am ET Microsoft, Google and Mozilla are blocking all SSL certificated sent by the Dutch authority DigiNotar. A Windows update will be made available to operating systems including XP.
- Security: Sony recruits CISO expert September 06th, 2011 - 03:29 pm ET Sony has hired a former manager in the United States department of Homeland Security as their new Chief Information Security Officer.
- Google: ten new products to be abandoned September 06th, 2011 - 09:55 am ET In the next few months, a dozen of Google’s products will be abandoned including Google Pack, Sidewiki, Desktop and Aardvark.
- Windows 8: Media Center to be present September 05th, 2011 - 09:45 am ET Media Center, the multimedia player present in the Windows operating system, will be present in Windows 8, although it appears that it may not be as widely used as thought.
- WikiLeaks to release all of their secret documents September 02nd, 2011 - 10:35 am ET WikiLeaks, a site specialising in the release of classified documents, has alerted Twitter subscribers that they will be releasing a key allowing them to access a new confidential ...
- Direct Download: Hotfile to provide their user’s information September 02nd, 2011 - 09:35 am ET In the war against the MPAA, Hotfile seems to have lost a set. A court in Miami has ordered the service to provide their user’s information, including those situated outside of ...
- Intrusion in Linux Kernel’s home September 01st, 2011 - 01:15 pm ET Hackers have managed to gain illegal entry into Kernel.org, compromising numerous servers.
- Windows 8: the traditional desktop is just another app September 01st, 2011 - 11:25 am ET Windows 8 will handle tactile and already existent desktop applications. This will allow for both on the go use and a traditional Windows interface.
- Facebook: $40,000 already paid for security holes August 31st, 2011 - 12:49 pm ET Three weeks after launching their rewards program for divulging security faults, Facebook has already paid out 40 000 dollars.
- Windows 8: native mounting of ISO and VHD files August 31st, 2011 - 09:45 am ET Windows 8, Microsoft’s future operating system, is looking to increase the number of useful functions integrated by making it possible to mount ISO and VHD virtual hard drive ...
Previous38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 Next