Media & Software
- Panguso: a search engine made in China February 23rd, 2011 - 10:45 am ET The Panguso search engine has been launched in China through two companies under state control.
- Piracy: Hotfile closes accounts February 22nd, 2011 - 01:29 pm ET Hotfile has decided to adopt a more aggressive policy against accounts that host content violating intellectual property rights.
- Kinect: Microsoft announces an SDK for Windows February 22nd, 2011 - 09:20 am ET Next Spring, Microsoft will make a Kinect for Windows development kit available. This will be a free SDK, although a commercial version will also be released at a later date.
- The USA to tweet in Persian, Arabic, Russian, Chinese... February 21st, 2011 - 10:40 am ET The United States is looking to exploit the Twitter micro blogging service to communicate with various populations around the world.
- Ultra-fast connectivity: Light Peak announced for Apple? February 21st, 2011 - 09:10 am ET According to information provided on CNET, Apple should soon announce their use of Intel’s Light Peak high speed connectivity technology.
- The countries where Facebook struggles February 18th, 2011 - 11:15 am ET There are still a few countries putting up resistance against the Facebook phenomenon.
- Canada cyber attacked from China February 17th, 2011 - 01:27 pm ET The Canadian government has been the victim of a computer attack quantified as unprecedented, with the trace leading back to servers hosted in China.
- Man vs. Machine: Watson claims victory February 17th, 2011 - 09:15 am ET In a confrontation of Man vs. Machine, it’s the computer who came out victorious, with two victories and a tie.
- Protect Our Children: 84 000 sites blocked by mistake! February 16th, 2011 - 11:41 am ET There was a small issue in operation Protect Our Children being conducted by the US government to shut down pedopornographic sites. For close to three days, 84 000 sites were ...
Previous60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 Next