Media & Software
- Windows 8.1: an option to start directly on the desktop? April 15th, 2013 - 09:10 am ET Rumours are flying about the different updates that may be released to Windows 8. One that appears to be gaining traction will allow users to directly start at the desktop ...
- Blue screen of death: Microsoft removes a patch from distribution April 14th, 2013 - 07:34 am ET Microsoft recommends uninstalling a corrective security patch released during Patch Tuesday. It is behind some incidents including a BSoD with Windows 7.
- Windows 8 slows down PC sales (IDC) April 11th, 2013 - 10:25 am ET PC sales the world over are falling. For research group IDC, the Windows 8 operating system has had a negative effect.
- Windows 8 and Antivirus: the first AV-Test results April 09th, 2013 - 09:10 am ET The independent German institute AV-Test has published their first results for Windows 8 antivirus solutions including Windows Defender which is the default protection system.
- Baidu Eye: Chinese competition to Google Glass April 05th, 2013 - 01:34 am ET While Google continues to develop their Google Glass – attracting a lot of curiosity about their concept along the way, competition has already appeared in China.
- Chrome: Google abandons WebKit by creating Blink April 04th, 2013 - 09:10 am ET With Blink, Google has released a new open source finishing engine based on Webkit. The project will evolve over time to differentiate itself, with it to be found in Chrome and ...
- Ubuntu Kylin: collaboration between Canonical and China March 22nd, 2013 - 03:50 pm ET Canonical is working with the Chinese government on the development of Ubuntu Kylin. This Chinese operating system is based on Ubuntu.
- Keep The Cash: Microsoft pays greenbacks for Windows 8 applications March 21st, 2013 - 09:10 am ET To incite developers to produce applications for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, Microsoft is paying 100 dollars for a new app.
- The anti-Google Glass movement intensifies on the web March 20th, 2013 - 09:10 am ET Following a Bar in Seattle who has declared war on Google Glass, now a whole organisation has gone on the attack against Google’s future gadget.
- Partial hack of Chrome OS: Google has paid out some of their Pi million March 20th, 2013 - 01:37 am ET Through their Pwnium 3 hacking competition which brings with it 3.14 million dollars in prizes, Google has paid a security hunter 40 000 dollars for his partial exploitation of ...
Previous3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next