Mobile Devices & Telephony
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Canonical: Ubuntu Phone to be available next year December 12th, 2013 - 02:27 am ET The Ubuntu Touch Smartphone should be available next year according to Canonical who has indicated that it will be conceived by an OEM manufacturer.
- Google: Android 4.4.2 update in deployment December 11th, 2013 - 03:10 pm ET Google has started deploying a new version of their Android KitKat operating system. Its Nexus devices will of course receive this update first.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3: 10 million units already shipped December 11th, 2013 - 02:36 pm ET The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet has had a very good beginning with 10 million handsets shipped in just two months.
- Moto G: 123 dollars’ worth of components December 10th, 2013 - 12:15 pm ET Not surprising, Motorola Mobility makes very little margin on their new Moto G smartphone, with the cost of components having been estimated by Tech Insights.
- iBeacon: Apple’s positioning system that works inside the Apple Store December 10th, 2013 - 11:16 am ET Apple has proved their iBeacons positioning technology inside their Apple Store’s in the United States to improve the user experience.
- Google Glass while driving: a driver contests her fine December 09th, 2013 - 10:25 am ET Driving or wearing Google Glass, users will soon have to decide which one they want to do. A Californian driver has been fined for wearing the connected glasses (the first) and ...
- Apple finalises an agreement with China Mobile for the iPhone December 05th, 2013 - 02:10 pm ET Apple has come to an agreement with Chinese carrier China Mobile to provide them with iPhone’s. China Mobile currently has 760 million subscribers.
- Moto X and Cyber Monday: Take the same and start two days later December 04th, 2013 - 02:48 am ET Motorola Mobility planned a nice event to sell a lot of their Moto X during Cyber Monday. To such a point that the servers failed and the manufacturer had to restart their ...
- Samsung Galaxy Gear: a new version of the Galaxy S5 to be released in two variations? December 03rd, 2013 - 12:32 pm ET A new generation of the Galaxy Gear connected watch could be launched by Samsung at the same time as their future Galaxy S5 Smartphone.
- Reboot: Google’s Nexus vulnerable to very special SMS attacks December 02nd, 2013 - 01:13 pm ET From Ice Cream Sandwich to KitKat, the Nexus smartphones can be forced to reboot through an attack linked to the sending of thirty class 0 or flash SMS messages.