Mobile Devices & Telephony
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Rumours of a CDMA iPhone once again take off October 07th, 2010 - 10:20 am ET Despite denials, the rumour that Apple is developing a CDMA iPhone to soon be launched just won’t go away.
- HP: first WebOS Smartphone’s anticipated for early 2011 October 06th, 2010 - 10:20 am ET A HP representative has confirmed that WebOS Smartphone’s will be launched in early 2011 during a conference in Barcelona.
- WiMAX 2 / 802.16m - 330 Mbps demonstrated by Samsung October 04th, 2010 - 12:05 pm ET Samsung has unveiled an experimental WiMAX 2 system during the CEATEC Japan 2010 show capable of reaching speeds of 330 Mbps.
- Google purchases BlindType’s mobile input method October 04th, 2010 - 11:11 am ET Entering information into mobile phones remains difficult, leading Google purchase the start-up BlingType and their predictive input method.
- Firefox for the iPhone is not planned according to Mozilla September 30th, 2010 - 11:15 am ET According to recent declarations made by the Foundation Mozilla, a version of Firefox is not planned for the iPhone.
- Dell: launch of a 7" tactile tablet imminent September 29th, 2010 - 11:15 am ET A company spokesman has stated that the launch of a 7" tactile tablet developed by Dell should only be a few weeks away, while a 10" version should following in a few months.
- Blackberry Playbook: A tablet operating Blackberry Tablet OS September 28th, 2010 - 09:15 am ET Research in Motion has finally unveiled their own tactile tablet, the Blackberry PlayBook, operating Blackberry Tablet OS designed by QNX.
- Rumour: Qualcomm 3G modems in the iPhone in 2011 September 23rd, 2010 - 12:25 pm ET The arrival of a CDMA compatible handset for Verizon Wireless and the purchase of Infineon by Intel have lead to Apple using Qualcomm as their single supplier of 3G modems for ...
- Dell: A 7" Android tactile tablet to soon be released? September 23rd, 2010 - 11:20 am ET Michael Dell had with him a 7" prototype tactile tablet running Android during a presentation at Oracle’s OpenWorld.
- Rumour: RIM to announce tactile tablet on Monday? September 23rd, 2010 - 09:20 am ET Research in Motion presented their financial results last week without mentioning the existence of a tactile tablet, although an announcement may be forthcoming during their ...