Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Facebook: green light given for their not so expensive purchase of Instagram August 23rd, 2012 - 03:46 pm ET Following an investigation, American authorities have given their green light to Facebook’s purchase of the picture sharing application Instagram. This purchase was announced in ...
- Twitter API: stricter controls placed on the competition August 17th, 2012 - 09:15 am ET The new Twitter API more strictly controls access to their service for third party applications.
- Facebook: mobile advertising based on app utilisation July 09th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET According to The Wall Street Journal, Facebook is preparing advertising on mobile devices. This advertising is targeted depending on applications used.
- Facebook imposes their email addresses June 27th, 2012 - 06:00 am ET For Facebook users, the social network has changed your contacts email addresses to impose their @facebook.com system.
- Social networks: Microsoft purchases Yammer for 1.2 billion dollars June 26th, 2012 - 09:15 am ET Microsoft has outlaid 1.2 billion dollars to get their hands on Yammer, a specialist in social networks for enterprises.
- Twitter falls victim to a cascading bug June 23rd, 2012 - 06:23 am ET Affected by intermittent problems on Thursday, Twitter has ruled out a denial of service attack, instead blaming the fault on a cascaded bug.
- Facebook: Like goes mobile June 21st, 2012 - 09:47 am ET A symbol of the social network, Facebook’s Like action has now appeared on Web apps and mobiles.
- Facebook and sponsored stories: 10 Million to end a complaint June 18th, 2012 - 09:20 am ET With 10 million dollars, Facebook has resolved a legal dispute over their sponsored stories.
- Security: Facebook requests mobile numbers June 15th, 2012 - 10:50 am ET Facebook is educating their users about security by requesting their mobile phone number as protection.
- Social networks: Apple to abandon Ping June 13th, 2012 - 10:50 am ET Replaced by iTunes, the Ping music social network won’t be around for much longer. According to AllThingsD, the service should disappear with the next major engine update in ...