Migrating to Word 2010 from Word 2003 and of course it's way more than
I need. I've figured out how to do some things, but am not happy with
them. I see why they say Open Office is like Word now. It is very
much like Word 2010 and I don't like this new word for the same reason
I don't like the Word processing in OO... except maybe I can get a
little help here and find out how get what I want to do accomplished.
1. For easy access, I put a blank document on my desktop which I
cleverly called "blank doc" - but is there some way to access a normal
blank doc the same way I could in 2003 from my Quicklaunch bar?
2. Where is Find and Replace without using the shortcut? It's under
Edit in 2003, but I can't seem to fine it in a menu in 2010 (and
3. How do I save a doc and not have to type in the new title? It's
done automatically in 2003 by taking the first line (I save recipes so
the title of the recipe is what I want), but apparently I have to
enter it manually every time in 2010.
4. How do I hide or modify some/all of those tabs? Most are
unnecessary for my intents and purposes and all are a visual mess.
5. Is there some way to downgrade my version of Word if this doesn't
If I wasn't clear enough, then you have an idea how confused and
befuddled I am feeling right now.
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.