Cases, External Devices, Flat screens and TV, iPod, Macintosh, Motherboards, Multimedia, Netbooks, Network and communication, PC's, Peripherals, Portable Mac's, Portable PC's, Processors, Storage, Technologies, Various, Video cards
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Android 4.4.2: Google accidently added privacy functions December 16th, 2013 - 05:06 pm ET With Android 4.4.2, Google has removed App Ops. Initially added to Android 4.3, this hidden permissions manager for applications was accidently added according to Google.
- The Chinese consumer authority’s investigation against Qualcomm gets complicated December 16th, 2013 - 11:55 am ET The NDRC, the Chinese pricing regulator, conforms that they have collected solid evidence against Qualcomm in their antitrust investigations against the American company.
- A 15 year old dies at Pegatron: Apple sends medical experts December 16th, 2013 - 11:30 am ET The working conditions at some electronics assemblers have been brought into question following the discovery of a 15 year old worker dead at Pegatron. Apple has decided to send ...
- Asus unveils their Padfone Mini December 16th, 2013 - 10:30 am ET Asus has unveiled their Padfone Mini which leaves the users the choice between a 4.3 inch smartphone and a 7 inch tablet.
- The LG G Pad 8.3 to become the first Google Play Edition tablet December 16th, 2013 - 09:38 am ET No Google Nexus 8 in the end for the mysterious LG tablet referenced LG V510, but instead a LG G Pad 8.3 Google Edition tablet distributed bb the Google Play portal.
- Jailbreak iOS 7: rewards for motivated hackers December 13th, 2013 - 01:44 am ET Through a crowd funding initiative, the first hacker able to provide an open source jailbreak option for iOS 7 will receive a reward.
- Windows Phone and Windows RT free for manufacturers? December 13th, 2013 - 01:42 am ET For manufacturers, Microsoft is looking at eliminating the licensing costs for Windows Phone and Windows RT. This is the best way of competing with Android.
- Canonical: Ubuntu Phone to be available next year December 12th, 2013 - 02:27 am ET The Ubuntu Touch Smartphone should be available next year according to Canonical who has indicated that it will be conceived by an OEM manufacturer.
- The NSA used Google’s cookie to track users December 12th, 2013 - 02:25 am ET Google cookie preferences appear to have been used by the NSA to track targets that were under surveillance.
- Google: Android 4.4.2 update in deployment December 11th, 2013 - 03:10 pm ET Google has started deploying a new version of their Android KitKat operating system. Its Nexus devices will of course receive this update first.