External Devices, Flat screens and TV, iPod, Macintosh, Motherboards, Multimedia, Netbooks, Network and communication, PC's, Peripherals, Portable Mac's, Portable PC's, Processors, Storage, Technologies, Various, Video cards
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Google: Schmidt hands over to Page January 21st, 2011 - 09:10 am ET This was a big surprise, with the head of Google changing. Eric Schmidt has resigned from his current role as CEO, handing over control to one of Google’s two co-founders.
- Spotify signs with Sony for the USA January 20th, 2011 - 01:41 pm ET Spotify are getting closer to entering the US market via the signature of an agreement with Sony Music.
- Android: the HTC Flyer tactile tablet available in March? January 20th, 2011 - 11:35 am ET HTC is preparing the launch of their HTC Flayer tactile tablet range operating Android in the first half of 2011.
- Electrowetting: Liquavista purchased by Samsung January 20th, 2011 - 10:20 am ET Liquavista, specialist in e-paper displays thanks to their electrowetting technology, has been purchased by South Korean Samsung.
- Windows attack surface: Microsoft releases an analysis tool January 20th, 2011 - 09:15 am ET Microsoft’s Attack Surface Analyzer identifies security problems related to changes made in the operating system.
- Ubuntu: Qt applications to soon be equal January 19th, 2011 - 12:35 pm ET After the release of Ubuntu 11.04, Mark Shuttleworth stated that he wanted more space for software libraries and Qt applications.
- Apple: record quarter announced without Steve Jobs January 19th, 2011 - 10:35 am ET For their first fiscal quarter of 2011 (which covers the end of 2010), Apple has announced record financial results, almost overcoming the absence of emblematic CEO Steve Jobs who ...
- HTML5 has almost officialised their logo January 19th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET The W3C has released a bright and shiny new logo for the HTML5 standard, with this to be officialised in the near future.
- Tablets – 10 million units to ship to the professional market in 2011 January 19th, 2011 - 04:19 am ET Don’t under-estimate enterprises interest in tactile tablets warns Deloitte, estimating that 10 million units could be purchased by companies in 2011 on global sales volumes of ...
- WebM: a Google plug-in for IE and Safari January 18th, 2011 - 12:15 pm ET Google maintains their decision to abandon the H.264 codec in Google Chrome and will instead offer a plug-in to support WebM in IE9 and Safari.