External Devices, Flat screens and TV, iPod, Macintosh, Motherboards, Multimedia, Netbooks, Network and communication, PC's, Peripherals, Portable Mac's, Portable PC's, Processors, Storage, Technologies, Various, Video cards
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Kim Dotcom: A Mega year in 2013 or broken promises? December 22nd, 2012 - 05:28 am ET Kim Dotcom is continuing his communication plans for the launch of MegaUpload’s successor on the 19th of January 2013. After screen shots, photos of the services have now been ...
- Patents: Apple’s claim on pinch-to-zoom rejected December 21st, 2012 - 11:10 am ET A big piece in the patent war between Apple and Samsung has now been rejected by the USPTO: the pinch-to-zoom tactile movement patent has been rejected.
- Samsung promises a quick corrective to their Exynos processor fault December 21st, 2012 - 10:02 am ET The fault discovered in Samsung’s Exynos processors has been confirmed by the South Korean group. They have promised a corrective patch as soon as possible.
- Facebook: video advertising to be automatically shown in user’s timelines December 19th, 2012 - 03:12 pm ET Facebook will be adding a new advertising format directly to user’s timelines, with videos to automatically play on connection.
- Google hires a reputable futurologist December 19th, 2012 - 03:08 pm ET Ray Kurzweil re-joined Google early this week. The futurologist and artificial intelligence expert has now become Google’s engineering director.
- Patent war: Apple can’t block Samsung’s products in the USA December 19th, 2012 - 01:15 pm ET Apple’s request to block the sale of more than 20 Samsung mobile devices following the Californian court’s decision in July has been rejected by Judge Lucy Koh.
- Network equipment: Cisco looking to sell their Linksys division December 19th, 2012 - 12:40 pm ET Despite a large reorganisation in 2011, Cisco may not be able to keep their Linksys division, with the company now looking to sell it.
- Samsung: an enormous security fault found in the Galaxy S III and other devices December 19th, 2012 - 12:15 pm ET More than just a way of gaining root access to various Samsung devices, an enormous fault has been discovered and published by a team at XDA Developers.
- Google Maps for iPhone: 10 million downloads in 48 hours December 19th, 2012 - 11:35 am ET As soon as it was launched, Google Maps for iOS found itself as the leading free application downloaded from the App Store. Jeff Huber, manager of Google’s Commerce & Local ...
- Rumour: Samsung Galaxy Note III smartphone with a 6.3" screen to be released in 2013 December 19th, 2012 - 11:13 am ET While currently available with a 5" screen, the number of top of the line smartphones to be released in 2013 with this size will increase. For Samsung’s Galaxy Note ...