Cases, External Devices, Flat screens and TV, iPod, Macintosh, Motherboards, Multimedia, Netbooks, Network and communication, PC's, Peripherals, Portable Mac's, Portable PC's, Processors, Storage, Technologies, Various, Video cards
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- Telecoms: Japanese carrier Softbank in talks with Sprint Nextel October 12th, 2012 - 03:40 am ET There is certainly plenty of action in the mobile phone field, with the fourth largest US carrier already in talks with MetroPCS so as to increase their size. News out today now ...
- eBay refreshes their look October 11th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET The online auction site has presented a new interface which has taken inspiration from social networks.
- MegaUpload’s request to have all charges dropped is rejected October 10th, 2012 - 12:15 pm ET The US legal system has rejected the request by MegaUpload to have all charges dropped, although it is still possible for the company to lodge other requests in the future.
- Windows 8: a large update post-RTM (SP1?) October 10th, 2012 - 11:40 am ET Microsoft has released a post-RTM update for Windows 8 just a few days before its commercial release. This is a large cumulative update which resembles a Service Pack.
- Android 4.1.2 deployed to the Nexus 7 tablet October 10th, 2012 - 10:25 am ET Google has updated their Android platform with a new minor update with Android 4.1.2 being release initially to the Nexus 7 tablet.
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini to be unveiled on the 11th of October October 10th, 2012 - 09:20 am ET While not yet official, the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini’s existence has been confirmed by the manager of Samsung’s mobile division.
- ARM Servers: Caldexa raises 55 million dollars October 10th, 2012 - 05:10 am ET As a sign of investment confidence, Caldexa has announced that they will be raising 55 million dollars to help develop their ARM processors for servers.
- LG E960 Mako: the future Nexus smartphone (photos)? October 10th, 2012 - 03:01 am ET Rumours of a new Nexus smartphone produced by LG have really started to take off following the release of photos of the LG E960 Mako to the web.
- WebPlatform.org: Apple, Google, MS, Mozilla... working on standards October 09th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET Working with the W3C, Internet heavyweights like Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla have launched a central site which brings together documentation about HTML5, ...
- iPhone 5 and the purple haze: Apple releases a technical note October 08th, 2012 - 12:20 pm ET While not seeing this as an issue, Apple has demonstrated in a technical note how to reduce the halo that at times appears on pictures taken with background lighting.