Audio player - Codecs, Benchmark, Browser, Burning, Chipsets Drivers, Email - Instant messaging - VoIP, Graphics cards drivers, Images, Miscellaneous, Office, Open Source, P2P, Processors Drivers, Software hacking - Patents, Video player - Codecs, Zip Unzip
- Final 4.9 version of KDE SC August 06th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET The free KDE SC desktop environment is now available in the final version 4.9.
- Thunderbird: Mozilla ends development of their email client July 09th, 2012 - 10:40 am ET Mozilla has announced they will no longer be developing their Thunderbird client. The foundation isn’t abandoning their email client through, stating that they will now cut it ...
- Coverity: open source and proprietary code are equal February 27th, 2012 - 03:49 pm ET Across the broad software market, Coverity believes that open source code and proprietary code are equal in terms of quality.
- Free Software: Stallman glad Steve Jobs is gone October 10th, 2011 - 09:50 am ET The free software guru, Richard Stallman, certainly won’t be shedding a tear over Steve Jobs death. He states that he is glad that he is gone, although he isn’t celebrating ...
- Oracle capitulates, OpenOffice.org becomes community based April 18th, 2011 - 11:55 am ET Oracle has walked away from OpenOffice.org with the suite to now become an open source project completely community driven. This signals the end of commercial versions.
- Russia: Putin adopts free software December 29th, 2010 - 10:35 am ET A decree signed by Vladimir Putin has opened the way for Russian governmental departments to transition to free software.
- Google Wave becomes Apache Wave December 09th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET The Google Wave project isn’t dead, as it is now been picked up for development under the direction of the Apache Foundation.
- Mozilla gets a new CEO open to mobility October 15th, 2010 - 10:25 am ET A director open to mobility and who previously worked for SAP and Adobe will take the reins of Mozilla Corporation next month. Gary Kovacs will oversee the development of Firefox ...
- Open Java and OpenJDK: IBM joins Oracle October 12th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET Oracle and IBM have decided to work together on the development of an open source version of Java.
- Firefox 3.6.4 : multi-process management added June 23rd, 2010 - 09:15 am ET A new version of Firefox is available for download. The main new function provided with this version is multi-process management.