I'm looking for an ftp placement for security reasons. Until now I use
proftpd with following features:
1. virtual users (MySQL managed)
2. per user quotas (also MySQL managed)
3. chroot to "virtual home"
If I want to add encryption I step into the following issues:
FTPS: client side firewall issues
SFTP: chroot issues
WEBDAVS: unstable on big files
1. FTPS with proftpd:
- package broken on lucid (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/580512)
2. SFTP with proftpd:
- third party module, not enabled in lucid
- I don't know if quotas work anymore
3. SFTP with openssh:
- chroot only if using a jail
- no quotas I think
So, does anyone know an access system fulfilling the three "features"
plus "issue-less" encryption? User management must not necessarily use
MySQL, but I need non-system users.
If possible, I don't want to compile software on my own (discarding the
systems package/update management).
Make your own search :
Copyright © 2001-2013 GNT Media