These v2 patches(against -next tree) introduce v4l2 based object
detection(OD) device driver, and enable face detection hardware
on omap4 SoC.. The idea of implementing it on v4l2 is from from
Alan Cox, Sylwester and Greg-Kh.
For verification purpose, I write one user space utility to
test the module and driver, follows its basic functions:
- detect faces in input grayscal picture(PGM raw, 320 by 240)
- detect faces in input y8 format video stream
- plot a rectangle to mark the detected faces, and save it as
another same format picture or video stream
Looks the performance of the module is not bad, see some detection
results on the link.
Face detection can be used to implement some interesting applications
(camera, face unlock, baby monitor, ...).
- extend face detection API to object detection API
- extend face detection generic module to object detection module
- introduce subdevice and media entity to object detection module
- some minor fixes
- implement OD setting interfaces with v4l2 controls or
, Ch9 of OMAP4 Technical Reference Manual
, All pictures are taken from http://www.google.com/imghp
and converted to pnm from jpeg format, only for test purpose.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/