Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Bing: a new, bare design May 03rd, 2012 - 10:40 am ET Microsoft has simplified Bing to display more results. The search engine is now a lot sleeker.
- Bing Search API becomes a pay service April 17th, 2012 - 05:18 pm ET The Bing search engine API will no longer be free for developers – they will now have to pay a monthly subscription.
- DuckDuckGo: the anonymous search engine growing in popularity March 12th, 2012 - 10:25 am ET With the aim of not pushing products on users or closing them into a bubble, the DuckDuckGo search engine has piqued the interest of internet users.
- Privacy: Google unifies their rules January 25th, 2012 - 10:45 am ET From the 1st of March 2012, new privacy settings will be put into place by Google on the full range of their products. These new rule will be unified across the full platform.
- Focus on the User: is Google missing the point? January 24th, 2012 - 11:55 am ET Facebook, Twitter and MySpace engineers are improving the Google search engine in their own way so that searches don’t only take into account Google+ accounts.
- Google: more personalised searching January 11th, 2012 - 11:45 am ET Via the Google+ competition, Google’s search engine is to provide more personalised search results.
- An algorithm that optimises online searches January 04th, 2012 - 12:25 pm ET A 16 year old programmer has developed an algorithm that optimises online searches, removing long and irrelevant pages.
- Google: the Top searches performed in 2011 December 16th, 2011 - 09:44 am ET Google has published their Zeitgeist to highlight the most requested searches performed by internet users in 2011, or those that have seen the largest increase.
- Google drops the black bar November 30th, 2011 - 02:26 pm ET The horizontal black bar seen at the top of the Google search engine will disappear, replaced by a drop down menu from the Google logo.
- YaCy: a free and decentralised search engine November 29th, 2011 - 10:55 am ET YaCy is a new search engine with a difference that has just been made available, with the service being a decentralised search engine which uses the P2P technology.