Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Google de-indexes Belgium newspaper pages [Update] July 18th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ET Google has removed the French and German Press pages from their search engine index.
- .co.cc Sites de-indexed: Google criticised July 12th, 2011 - 01:27 pm ET Google’s decision to remove close to 11 million .co.cc sites from their search engines index robots has been heavily criticised by the General Manager of the company CO.CC. ...
- Google: all private profiles to be deleted July 06th, 2011 - 03:43 pm ET From the 31st of July, Google will delete all private Google profiles. A Google profile will need to be public to prepare for the transition to Google+.
- Google disables real time searching July 05th, 2011 - 09:15 am ET Google’s real time searching has been temporarily disabled. The search giant has also announced that they are thinking about the best way to integrate Google+.
- FTC suspects Google has abused their dominant position June 24th, 2011 - 11:07 am ET Google is under investigation by the FTC who suspects that the group has abused their dominant position.
- Google alerts users to their web presence June 16th, 2011 - 03:35 pm ET Google’s dashboard will offer a new feature called My Web Presence to make it easier to manage and monitor your online identity.
- Google makes searching via voice and pictures available on the desktop June 15th, 2011 - 10:30 am ET Two functions from the mobile world have now been made available for Google’s desktop version of their search engine: voice recognition and picture searching. They have also ...
- Google: an interactive logo to play the guitar June 09th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET You may see a strange icon when surfing the web at home or in the office today. A doodle on Google’s web site allows you to play the guitar.
- Button War: Google’s +1 emancipated June 06th, 2011 - 11:27 am ET Google’s +1 button spreads to web.
- Google against blocking pirate sites May 20th, 2011 - 10:45 am ET Google doesn’t appear to be willing to block sites which facilitate the illegal downloading of files. The search engine believes such an act is against the freedom of speech.