Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Bing: Microsoft really likes Facebook May 17th, 2011 - 11:35 am ET With Bing, Microsoft has undoubtedly clicked on Facebook’s Like button. The search engine has launched new functions linked to the social network.
- Yahoo! rethinks their data conservation strategy April 19th, 2011 - 09:35 am ET After having previously decided to reduce the time that personal information was conserved to 90 days, Yahoo! has now changed their position and restored the period to 18 months.
- Google: Panda algorithm blurs rankings April 15th, 2011 - 11:45 am ET After initially being deployed in the United States, Google’s new ranking algorithm has now been released in the United Kingdom. Searchmetrics criticises the service though, ...
- Google counters Like with +1 March 31st, 2011 - 09:15 am ET Google has launched the +1 button which provides a similar function to Facebook’s Like button. Could it be that Google’s social networking layer is taking form?
- Instant searching: Yahoo! Search Direct March 25th, 2011 - 02:19 am ET Yahoo! Search Direct is the first implementation of instant searching seen after Google.
- Google prefers high quality sites February 25th, 2011 - 12:35 pm ET Google have updated their search algorithm to give preference in their search results to high quality sites.
- Panguso: a search engine made in China February 23rd, 2011 - 10:45 am ET The Panguso search engine has been launched in China through two companies under state control.
- Content Farms: Google enlists the help of the user February 15th, 2011 - 09:15 am ET In their fight against content farms which reduce the relevance of their search engines results, Google is providing a new weapon to users via an extension for the Chrome browser.
- Search engines: Bing more relevant than Google? February 11th, 2011 - 10:25 am ET According to a study by Experian Hitwise, Web searches performed via Bing often return more relevant results than Google.
- Google accuses Bing of plagiarism February 02nd, 2011 - 09:39 am ET Google believes that they have caught Microsoft red handed, accusing Bing of copying their search results.