Advertising, Blogs, Domain names, E-commerce, Film industry, Miscellaneous, Music industry, Network communities, Other portals, Photo and image portals, Politics, Press, Scientific portals, Search engines, Studies, Video portals - VoD - TV, Wikis
- Google Instant Search: Yahoo!’s idea September 22nd, 2010 - 11:25 am ET Yahoo! claims ownership of Google’s recently implemented instant search function, stating that they own numerous patents related to this technology.
- Bing promises to exploit IE9 to the full September 17th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET Notably through the new hardware acceleration possibilities made available with IE9, the Bing engine is to be made more immersive.
- Google fires a stalker engineer over private life concerns September 15th, 2010 - 11:35 am ET Google has fired an engineer for violating the company’s respect of private life policy. David Barksdale is accused of accessing the user accounts of four minors.
- Google to invest in France with an R&D centre and cultural Institute September 10th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET Google will launch an investment phase in France. This plan will allow for the creation of a Research & Development centre in Paris, as well as a European cultural institute.
- Google offers instant searching September 09th, 2010 - 09:26 am ET Google has unveiled instant searching for their search engine with the suggested results being displayed as the request is entered.
- Confidentiality: Google simplifies their rules September 06th, 2010 - 10:44 am ET From the 3rd of October, Google will update their confidentiality rules with the aim of simplifying their systems.
- Yahoo!: Bing fully integrated August 19th, 2010 - 01:29 am ET The integration of the Bing search engine into the Yahoo! portal should be complete in the United States by the end of the week.
- Yahoo! tests the results of Bing search July 22nd, 2010 - 11:35 am ET Yahoo! has begun integration testing of Bing sourced searches. Full integration is planned for September in the USA and Canada.
- Google Images implements a new formula similar to Bing July 21st, 2010 - 10:15 am ET Google has provided their picture search function with a new interface to help sort through their index of 10 billion pictures. Advertising will now also be seen in the offered ...
- Google accepts to respect Chinese law July 12th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET China confirms that they have renewed Google’s exploitation license. This renewal has been made after Google has displayed "progress".