Audio player - Codecs, Benchmark, Browser, Burning, Chipsets Drivers, Email - Instant messaging - VoIP, Graphics cards drivers, Images, Miscellaneous, Office, Open Source, P2P, Processors Drivers, Software hacking - Patents, Video player - Codecs, Zip Unzip
- Security: Microsoft takes aim at Chrome and Firefox October 12th, 2011 - 03:12 pm ET Via a new site, Microsoft has attributed security scores to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. Hardly surprising... IE9 was without fault.
- Free Software: Stallman glad Steve Jobs is gone October 10th, 2011 - 09:50 am ET The free software guru, Richard Stallman, certainly won’t be shedding a tear over Steve Jobs death. He states that he is glad that he is gone, although he isn’t celebrating ...
- ODF Format: standard 1.2 approved October 07th, 2011 - 12:11 pm ET The members of OASIS have approved standard 1.2 of the open office ODF file format.
- Firefox: block Java to avoid vulnerabilities? October 05th, 2011 - 12:15 pm ET The Mozilla Foundation is currently looking at whether they should block the Java pug-in for their Firefox browser, with the aim being to prevent SSL/TLS vulnerability attacks.
- Flash Player 11 available for download (3D and 64-bit versions) October 04th, 2011 - 10:45 am ET With 64-bit support and GPU 3D acceleration, Flash Player 11 is now available for download.
- Windows Live Hotmail: sorting graymail and more October 04th, 2011 - 09:25 am ET No longer classified as spam, but rather graymail, newsletters and unwanted advertising will be sorted differently in Windows Live Hotmail which has been set up to better combat ...
- Firefox’s place as second most used browser under threat from Chrome October 03rd, 2011 - 09:19 am ET Google Chrome is getting closer to being the world’s second most used web browser, a place currently occupied by Firefox.
- Windows 8: IE10 Metro without plugin’s, Adobe "happy" September 16th, 2011 - 01:27 pm ET No Flash or even Silverlight, while web browsing and the use of applications on Windows 8 via IE10 will not be possible as there will be no plug-in support - at least in Metro ...
- SSL Certificates: Mozilla displays their discontent September 09th, 2011 - 12:35 pm ET Mozilla is being very firm on the matter, demanding that certification authorities ensure that no SSL certificates that they provide are fraudulent.
- Compuware: Chrome and Firefox are fastest August 12th, 2011 - 10:50 am ET Performance results performed by Compuware have indicated that the fastest browsers in real use are Google Chrome and Firefox.