Audio player - Codecs, Benchmark, Browser, Burning, Chipsets Drivers, Email - Instant messaging - VoIP, Graphics cards drivers, Images, Miscellaneous, Office, Open Source, P2P, Processors Drivers, Software hacking - Patents, Video player - Codecs, Zip Unzip
- Microsoft: Silverlight version 5 December 12th, 2011 - 01:31 pm ET Microsoft has released version 5 of Silverlight, with this possibly being the final major release of this technology.
- Security: Firefox indirectly attacked by Google December 12th, 2011 - 09:38 am ET An Accuvant Labs study has compared to Google Chrome to Internet Explorer and Firefox, looking at which is the most secure web browser. The study was financed by Google.
- Performance: Peacekeeper crowns Google Chrome December 05th, 2011 - 10:45 am ET With the launch of a new version of Peacekeeper, Futuremark has taken a look at all current browsers and believes Google Chrome to be the fastest, ahead of Opera who is slowly ...
- WebP: After JPEG, Google now attacks PNG November 21st, 2011 - 11:45 am ET Google has announced an improvement to their WebP format, with a new compression format without loss and transparency support.
- Firefox: multi-process development stopped November 18th, 2011 - 04:57 pm ET Mozilla’s Electrolysis project which aimed to provide better multi-process management in Firefox has been halted.
- Skype adds Facebook video calls November 18th, 2011 - 09:45 am ET This is a new chapter in the Skype - Facebook partnership. It will now be possible to conduct video calls with your Facebook friends from the VoIP software.
- Microsoft to end the Silverlight plugin? November 10th, 2011 - 10:06 am ET Expected by the end of the month, Silverlight version 5 could be Microsoft’s last release of this kind, with development of the plugin to end.
- IE10 to come with a spell checker for Windows 7 and 8 November 09th, 2011 - 12:15 pm ET Missing from IE9, a spell checker will be present in IE10, including the Windows 7 version.
- Cloud Shredder: a solution to protect your online information? November 04th, 2011 - 01:20 pm ET Researchers have updated a program which allows users to secure their data by assuring that no theft can take place.
- Mozilla releases a version of Bing for Firefox October 27th, 2011 - 09:55 am ET Mozilla and Microsoft have made a version of Firefox available which has been customised for Bing.