Audio player - Codecs, Benchmark, Browser, Burning, Chipsets Drivers, Email - Instant messaging - VoIP, Graphics cards drivers, Images, Miscellaneous, Office, Open Source, P2P, Processors Drivers, Software hacking - Patents, Video player - Codecs, Zip Unzip
- The US government pays $50 million for pirating software November 29th, 2013 - 06:44 pm ET The US Army has accepted to pay 50 million dollars for thousands of illegal copies of military software.
- Microsoft asks China to stop piracy September 21st, 2012 - 09:10 am ET According to news reported by Bloomberg, Microsoft has asked four public Chinese companies to stop using pirated software including Office and Windows.
- High piracy: Microsoft distributes their products in Iraq May 30th, 2012 - 10:50 am ET Microsoft has designated a local distributer in Iraq, as requested by the government, for their products. This has been requested for copyright and intellectual property ...
- IBM still champion of patent filings January 13th, 2012 - 09:45 am ET For the nineteenth year consecutive, IBM has been crowned champion of newly registered patents in the United States.
- Google loses 5 million dollars over a Linux patent April 22nd, 2011 - 12:51 pm ET In a lawsuit filed for patent violation related to Linux, Google has been ordered to pay 5 million dollars in damages and interest to Bedrock Computer Technologies.
- Google: 900 million dollars for 6000 Nortel patents April 05th, 2011 - 11:15 am ET Google has offered 900 million dollars to get their hands on 6000 of Nortel Networks patents. This measure is not to attack, but to protect themselves.
- WebM/VP8: a patent attack is brewing February 14th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET The MPEG LA consortium has made a call to arms to prepare an attack against the VP8 video codec and WebM container opened by Google.
- IBM declared patents champion for the 18th consecutive year January 11th, 2011 - 12:35 pm ET The largest holder of patents in the United States is once again IBM, a record they have held for the last 18 years.
- Microsoft: free licenses to be automatically granted to NGO’s September 15th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET Criticised after Russian authorities interrogated Non-governmental organisations under the guise of software license verification, Microsoft has pleaded ignorant to the affair and ...
- LG accused of software piracy in Russia September 02nd, 2010 - 10:20 am ET Russian authorities have opened an investigation against the Russian branch of the South Korean electronics maker. LG is accused of using pirated software.