- Blue screen of death: Microsoft removes a patch from distribution April 14th, 2013 - 07:34 am ET Microsoft recommends uninstalling a corrective security patch released during Patch Tuesday. It is behind some incidents including a BSoD with Windows 7.
- Windows 7: 400M licences, and cohabitation with Windows 8 July 12th, 2011 - 09:10 am ET During their annual partner’s conference, Microsoft announced that more than 400 million Windows 7 licenses had been sold. According to the company, there are still more than ...
- Windows 7 starts to overtake Windows XP April 11th, 2011 - 10:45 am ET According to StatCounter’s statistics, Windows 7 has now passed Windows XP in numerous countries.
- Windows XP Pro until 2020 ! July 13th, 2010 - 09:10 am ET Microsoft has decided to support downgraded rights for Windows XP Pro for the life of Windows 7.
- Windows XP : more than 10 000 PC’s attacked July 02nd, 2010 - 09:10 am ET The fault discovered by a Google engineer affecting Windows XP continues to be exploited. Microsoft reports that more than 10 000 machines have been attacked since the middle of ...
- IE9 : Microsoft criticised for abandoning XP May 07th, 2010 - 10:25 am ET During the Web 2.0 Expo which is taking place this week San Francisco, Microsoft faced criticism about Windows XP users not being supported when it comes to IE9.
- McAfee locks up Windows XP April 22nd, 2010 - 11:20 am ET Following an update to the McAfee antivirus solution for enterprise clients, a false positive caused grave problems for Windows XP machines.
- Windows Internet browser selection released February 21st, 2010 - 10:50 am ET The Windows ballot screen which requires users to select their default web browser will be tested from next week in Europe. A large scale deployment of the system will then ...
- Windows XP and BSoD : A rootkit is highly suspected February 15th, 2010 - 04:27 pm ET The real cause behind some blue screens of death seen with Windows XP may not be the update, but instead malware.
- Suspected BSoD : Microsoft retires a patch February 12th, 2010 - 06:46 pm ET An update released on the last Patch Tuesday is suspected of being behind the blue screen of death witnessed by some Windows XP users.