Mobile Devices & Telephony
Accessories, Announcements, Cellular Networks, Feature Phones, Gadgets & High-Tech, Google Android, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Games, Mobile Linux, Palm, PDAPhones, Smartphones, Symbian, Tablets, Windows Mobile, Wireless
- VESA MyDP: the Mobile DisplayPort to compete with HDMI in mobiles June 29th, 2012 - 06:48 am ET The VESA association has approved the MyDP standard (Mobility DisplayPort), an extension of the DisplayPort for mobile devices, something which will shake up the competing HDMI.
- Mobile radiation: are the standards still valid? June 18th, 2012 - 10:30 am ET The FCC is wondering whether the current exposition recommendations for mobile radiation are still valid, with revisions being studied.
- NFC: Samsung announces TecTiles markers for Galaxy June 13th, 2012 - 09:20 am ET Like other smartphone manufacturers, Samsung will offer programmable NFC markers, nicknamed TecTiles, for their Galaxy range of smartphones with an NFC module.
- A4WP wireless charging: Qualcomm and Samsung team up May 10th, 2012 - 09:10 am ET To promote their wireless charging systems and standardise their technology, Qualcomm and Samsung have announced the creation of the new Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) ...
- NFC Payment : a new fault in Google Wallet February 13th, 2012 - 10:25 am ET A new fault (or rather a forgotten issue) has been discovered in the Google Wallet non-contact payment system. This provides direct access to pre-paid accounts.
- NFC: Google Wallet not present in Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus December 06th, 2011 - 11:20 am ET Business is business. While the Galaxy Nexus comes with NFC, the version supported by Verizon won’t be able to exploit the Google Wallet non-contact payment system.
- NFC: facing Google Wallet, 7 manufacturers support Isis September 29th, 2011 - 05:22 am ET While Google has just launched their mobile no contact payment system with Google Wallet, American carriers are calling on their handset manufacturing partners to favour the ...
- Google’s NFC mobile payment system to be unveiled Thursday? May 25th, 2011 - 10:53 am ET Google is preparing an experiment with their mobile payment service using the NFC technology, with it being possible the system will be officially unveiled Thursday.
- HTC: tablets, first NFC device and Windows Phone May 18th, 2011 - 11:02 am ET During Reuters Global Technology Summit, Florian Seiche – President of HTC EMEA spoke about the Taiwanese company’s coming strategies.
- Android/NFC: NXP is optimistic about handset sales volumes May 09th, 2011 - 01:25 pm ET Now that Android Gingerbread integrates support of the NFC technology, the next step is to produce compatible handsets. NXP, provider of the solution present in Android, has ...