Is Your Mobile Website the Boss of You? Keynote’s Advanced Mobile Monitoring Puts You Back in Control
When MITE 2 was released in November 2010 it was the first real-time desktop tool for the automated testing of mobile websites on the most popular smartphones on the market. MITE also became the self-scripting platform for MWP, Keynote’s solution for continuously monitoring the speed, availability, and quality of mobile websites from an extensive library of emulated mobile devices.
“Since the launch of MITE we have listened closely to the feedback of users to meet the fast-paced and increasing demands of the mobile performance market. We have added many advanced features, streamlined and refined the user interface and expanded the MITE and MWP library of devices to include the latest smartphones and tablets,” said Vik Chaudhary, vice president of product management and corporate development at Keynote.
Mr. Chaudhary continued, “Today’s advanced mobile websites rely on a smartphone’s ability to understand how to interpret, fetch and render content for a specific smartphone. We’re making sure mobile teams are not caught flatfooted by providing the industry’s most advanced tools for testing and monitoring mobile content.”
More on Features & Enhancements
The latest version of Keynote Mobile Web Perspective introduces a new, cost-effective way for customers to select the speed of the mobile network they wish to monitor on. With enhanced bandwidth simulation, customers can choose to monitor mobile sites over 2G, 3G or 4G. This enables performance analysts and Web operations teams to accurately measure the user experience of file downloads from a mobile phone. Use case examples include downloading applications, documents, software updates, music, and more, which are common functions in app stores, enterprises and entertainment sites. Users simply specify a mobile network speed they wish to emulate and MWP throttles the connection speed appropriately to provide an accurate view of how users of a mobile website will experience downloads and uploads. Users can learn very quickly if connection speeds or file sizes and types are causing network and file transfer problems. And MWP also continues to offer over the air (OTA) monitoring on live mobile operator networks for customers.
MITE and MWP support the industry’s leading device library including the latest models such as: Apple iPhone 4, Nokia N8, Motorola Droid Pro, Samsung Focus, Samsung Epic 4G, Palm Pre Plus and the HTC Incredible. They also support popular tablets such as the Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy in the continually expanding tablet library.
Feature overview of Keynote MITE--
- An embedded WebKit browser engine used by all leading smartphone manufacturers, lets users interact with any mobile website and get the most accurate end user perspective.
- Access to the latest smartphone devices profiles, such as Apple iPhone 4, HTC Droid Incredible, Nokia N8 and BlackBerry Torch.
- Ability to customize the device library to expand upon the over 12,000 device profiles that come standard in MITE.
- Point-and-click scripting capabilities to automate mobile content testing. Mobile content developers can record a single test script on one device and then run it across any number of selected devices.
- An intuitive grading system that helps companies verify that a website is optimized for a given device by providing both a score and actionable recommendations to improve the quality, performance and compliance of the website with W3C’s mobile best practices.
- Ability to conduct over the air (OTA) testing simply by attaching an aircard locally or connecting remotely to operator networks around the world.
- Monitoring on-demand, around-the-clock, for any mobile content, applications and services on the Keynote global test and measurement network.
With the continued proliferation of newer and more powerful smartphones, developers, Web operations teams and QA testers are increasingly challenged to create and test Web content to ensure its continuous availability on devices with varying capabilities, form factors and screen sizes. Before MITE, these constituencies were limited to repurposed browser plug-ins, expensive rental options or maintaining their own mobile device libraries. The value of the latest enhancements to Keynote MITE extends far beyond just providing the most comprehensive number of device profiles. MITE also provides diagnostics that give users a detailed understanding of what is happening behind the scenes. For each page tested, MITE provides download times, redirects, over-sized objects, broken links, supported MIME types, syntax errors, compliance with W3C mobile best practices and much more. With MITE users can navigate their website and check links from the convenience of a single desktop application.
Feature Overview of Keynote MWP--
- 50 Global Locations: Keynote MWP allows users to monitor the availability and quality of mobile Web content from 50 global locations providing greatly added perspective regarding mobile user experience.
- WebKit Browser Integration: WebKit is an open source browser engine used by most popular devices like the iPhone, Droid Incredible, Nokia C6 and LG Encore. Powered by WebKit, Keynote MWP monitors the exact download behavior of any mobile website.
- 2,000 Emulated Devices and 12,000 Device Profile Library: Smartphones are changing the way users use the Internet. MWP monitors the performance of any website on all smartphones from an end user point of view. Keynote MWP has a library of 2,000 emulated devices and 12,000 device profiles allowing you to accurately monitor the same mobile Web content your end users will see.
- Device-Level Graphs and Reporting: Keynote MWP has device-level graphing and reporting so that you can drill down and measure availability, speed and quality on each of the devices that matter most.
- Self-Service Scripting: Keynote MWP lets you quickly script and provision the test cases you require on any device profile to keep up with the changing needs of your end users.
- Screen Snapshot: Keynote MWP saves every measurement it takes and displays the screenshot of the downloaded website in MyKeynote. This helps users to resolve issues by seeing the screenshot of the website measurement that failed.
- Alerting/Alarming: Keynote MWP includes the same comprehensive and powerful alerting and alarming capabilities included in other Keynote test and measurement products.
Continued Global Leadership in Mobile Testing and Monitoring
A growing and thriving mobile ecosystem needs testing and monitoring tools to ensure a high quality end-user experience. Keynote and its subsidiary Keynote SIGOS provide customers with the ability to test and monitor mobile performance on over 450 mobile networks across more than 135 countries. Keynote’s global network is comprised of real and emulated mobile devices, user-provided SIMs and wireless modems, providing an unparalleled and customizable view into the performance of operator networks, mobile content, applications and services.
Pricing and Availability of Keynote MITE and MWP
MITE is available for free download at http://mite.keynote.com. To gain the full benefit of MITE users can upgrade to MITE Pro for an annual user license of USD $5,000.00.
MWP is available for as little as USD $125/per month.
Follow Keynote on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/KeynoteSystems and www.twitter.com/Keynote_Mobile
Keynote Systems (NASDAQ:KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously improving the online experience. Founded in 1995, Keynote delivers testing, monitoring and measurement products and services for any enterprise including online portals, e-commerce sites, B2B sites, mobile operators and mobile infrastructure providers. Keynote products and services help companies improve customer experience in four areas: Web performance, mobile quality, streaming and real user experience testing.
Known as The Mobile and Internet Performance Authority™, Keynote has a market-leading on-demand infrastructure of over 3,000 measurement computers and mobile devices in over 275 locations around the world. Keynote's 2,800 customers represent top Internet and mobile companies including American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, SonyEricsson, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
Keynote Systems, Inc. is headquartered in San Mateo, California and can be reached at www.keynote.com or by phone in the U.S. at 1-800-KEYNOTE.
Keynote®, DataPulse®, CustomerScope®, Keynote CE Rankings®, Keynote Customer Experience Rankings®, Perspective®, Keynote Red Alert®, Keynote Traffic Perspective®, Keynote WebEffective®, The Internet Performance Authority®, MyKeynote®, SIGOS®, SITE®, Keynote™, The Mobile & Internet Performance Authority™ and Keynote FlexUse™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Keynote Systems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Keynote Systems, Inc.
Source(s) : Keynote Systems
- Viber Launches ‘Viber Out’ Worldwide, ...
- Andy Brown Named to Guidewire Software Board ...
- EVERTEC Announces Commencement of Public ...
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Announces ...
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Announces ...
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Earns Top Marks ...
- U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Penny ...
- New Infonetics Report Projects Data Center ...
- Prognoz Completes Deployment of Business ...
- Wipro and CAST Deliver Superior Quality ...