Using Windows Live Sync....failed to connect error.

May 10th, 2010 - 07:00 pm ET by azm | Report spam
Attached is the log file from Windows Live Sync. My network security people
say they aren't blocking that I should check with desktop support. Desktop
says they don't have anything set up to locally block either.

I can access the "Sync.Live.Com" website just fine and can even remotely
view the files on another computer if I turn that on.

Can you give me any hints on where to go with this?

Thanks!

azm


14:50:13.639 loginservice.cpp:116!LoginService::LoginFromUser (NORMAL):
Obtained Live ID service ticket
14:50:13.639 core.cpp:4717!registerDevice (NORMAL): Read global device id
305f9a32-b2aa-4316-b695-da81ee080ef8
14:50:13.639 core.cpp:4720!registerDevice (NORMAL): Registering device id
305f9a32-b2aa-4316-b695-da81ee080ef8 with registration service
14:50:15.534 registrationservice.cpp:453!RegistrationService::HandleRequest
(DETAIL): Downloaded registration service response: 432 bytes
14:50:15.534 registrationservice.cpp:489!RegistrationService::GetStateFrom
(DETAIL): Response from registration service
Version 1.0
UserProvisioned
ShouldContactNode
2
b95f0f00-9a23-4c36-9012-09a2fc5012fa
ef40c79d-fcfa-411d-9294-4f0645e6aa9c
268d630c-204e-4381-a119-c5c39f072942
323c4c8c-c936-4806-8dd4-820b47c987d8
75843a5e-b3b6-4627-9f94-5ed8775e95eb
857e6dd9-144c-4a04-ad70-a936cb804eb5
fe5e5e90-f7c8-4b48-b792-737a79a42603
305f9a32-b2aa-4316-b695-da81ee080ef8
b54c62aa-ddb9-49a0-aba5-ed4e5c164624
286a1e46-5d48-48c3-8753-00745341eae0

14:50:15.535 connection.cpp:1278!createConnectionSocket (DETAIL): Creating
new connect socket to connect.sync.live.net:443 using direct connection
14:50:15.536 networking.cpp:153!createNewSocket (DETAIL): resolved
connect.sync.live.net into 65.55.50.73
14:50:15.536 connection.cpp:1352!doStartConnection (DETAIL): about to call
connectToHost
14:50:15.536 connection.cpp:1354!doStartConnection (DETAIL): returned from
connectToHost
14:50:15.536 connection.cpp:974!changeConnState (DETAIL): changing conn to
connect.sync.live.net:443 from notConnected to wait, fd: 1960
14:50:15.538 connection.cpp:2288!handleWriteSocketSet (DETAIL): CONN_WAIT fd
had write availability
14:50:15.538 connection.cpp:974!changeConnState (DETAIL): changing conn to
connect.sync.live.net:443 from wait to connected, fd: 1960
14:50:15.538 serverconn.cpp:6779!handleRedirectorConn (DETAIL): making
redirector request, cloudId=0
14:50:15.538 serverconn.cpp:6784!handleRedirectorConn (DETAIL): checking for
complete message, buffer has 0 bytes
14:50:15.538 serverconn.cpp:6784!handleRedirectorConn (DETAIL): checking for
complete message, buffer has 0 bytes
14:50:15.541 connection.cpp:2081!handleReadSocketSet (NORMAL): Read failed
with err 0, WSAERR 10053 for conn to connect.sync.live.net:443, usingProxy:
0, connState: connected, fd 1960
email Follow the discussionReplies 3 repliesReplies Make a reply

Similar topics

Replies

#1 StephenB
May 10th, 2010 - 08:30 pm ET | Report spam
azm wrote:

Attached is the log file from Windows Live Sync. My network security people
say they aren't blocking that I should check with desktop support. Desktop
says they don't have anything set up to locally block either.

I can access the "Sync.Live.Com" website just fine and can even remotely
view the files on another computer if I turn that on.

Can you give me any hints on where to go with this?

Thanks!

azm

with err 0, WSAERR 10053 for conn to connect.sync.live.net:443, usingProxy:
0, connState: connected, fd 1960




That's a no socket error, or timeout while waiting for a response from the
server. Are you connecting through a proxy?

-steve
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator

Replies Reply to this message
#2 Jeremy
May 14th, 2010 - 07:34 pm ET | Report spam
I'm having the same issue with my work laptop. I disabled my windows
firewall even though it reported an exception for Sync, and disabled the
trend micro AV software but neither had any effect. On a whim, I logged into
a local administrator account rather than the domain account and everything
worked fine. My shared folders are syncing now and I'm worried that when I
log into the computer normally, with my domain credentials, the sync software
will not run.

Any suggestions?

"StephenB" wrote:

azm wrote:

>Attached is the log file from Windows Live Sync. My network security people
>say they aren't blocking that I should check with desktop support. Desktop
>says they don't have anything set up to locally block either.
>
>I can access the "Sync.Live.Com" website just fine and can even remotely
>view the files on another computer if I turn that on.
>
>Can you give me any hints on where to go with this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>azm

>with err 0, WSAERR 10053 for conn to connect.sync.live.net:443, usingProxy:
>0, connState: connected, fd 1960


That's a no socket error, or timeout while waiting for a response from the
server. Are you connecting through a proxy?

-steve
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator

.

Replies Reply to this message
#3 StephenB
May 14th, 2010 - 09:29 pm ET | Report spam
It would seem that your domain credentials are using Group Policy to block the
ports needed for Windows Live Sync. Check with your domain admin to see if
that's the case.
-steve

Jeremy wrote:

I'm having the same issue with my work laptop. I disabled my windows
firewall even though it reported an exception for Sync, and disabled the
trend micro AV software but neither had any effect. On a whim, I logged into
a local administrator account rather than the domain account and everything
worked fine. My shared folders are syncing now and I'm worried that when I
log into the computer normally, with my domain credentials, the sync software
will not run.

Any suggestions?

"StephenB" wrote:

azm wrote:

>Attached is the log file from Windows Live Sync. My network security people
>say they aren't blocking that I should check with desktop support. Desktop
>says they don't have anything set up to locally block either.
>
>I can access the "Sync.Live.Com" website just fine and can even remotely
>view the files on another computer if I turn that on.
>
>Can you give me any hints on where to go with this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>azm

>with err 0, WSAERR 10053 for conn to connect.sync.live.net:443, usingProxy:
>0, connState: connected, fd 1960


That's a no socket error, or timeout while waiting for a response from the
server. Are you connecting through a proxy?

-steve
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator

.






Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator

email Follow the discussion Replies Reply to this message
Help Create a new topicReplies Make a reply
Search Make your own search